Yummmm Pepperoni!!! Here is an easy recipe for Pepperoni Bread
1 (1 pound) loaf frozen bread dough
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tablespoon dried basil leaves
1/2 tablespoon dried minced onion flakes
1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
1 (8 ounce) package sliced pepperoni sausage
1 (6 ounce) package shredded mozzarella cheese
1 egg, lightly beaten
- Allow frozen bread dough to thaw approximately 8 hours, or overnight, in the refrigerator. Place dough in a large, lightly greased bowl. Place bowl in a warm location, and allow dough to rise until doubled (2 to 3 hours). Punch down dough.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- On a lightly greased, large baking sheet, roll dough into an approximately 12×18 inch rectangle. Brush dough lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle with basil, onion flakes and oregano. Layer with pepperoni to within a half inch of the edges. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Beginning with the longest edge, roll dough into a thin cylinder and seal seam. Glaze with egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven 35 minutes, or until golden brown. Cut into bite sized pieces to serve.