Do you love your home but want to make it just a bot cozier now that Fall is among us? If you’re like me then you love anything HGTV! They have the most amazing ideas for you to browse through. Sometimes changing up your home is a lot easier and a lot more inexpensive than you would think.
Here is 8 great ways to cozy up your home this fall without breaking the bank! Take the ideas and run with them and make them your own. Sometimes it only takes one small thing to open up the floodgates of creativity! If you try any of these ideas, take a pic and come back and show us in a comment. I love to see the ideas my readers come up with.!
1. Simple fix: add some new throw pillows to the room. Some times all you need a is a new pop of color to transform a room!
2. Warm up a room with plush throws in a variety of colors and textures. Not only do they look beautiful but are super functional for those chilly days of snuggling on the couch with a bowl of popcorn and a good movie!
3. Make a room cozy with layered area rugs. Even if you have an area rug already, nothing says you cannot layer another one in a different color, pattern or texture for a warm, inviting look.
4. Change out your shades: In the summer you may have had a linen or bamboo shade on your windows. For the cooler weather add something that not only adds insulation, but also adds a design element to the room!
5. Add Scented candles to any room. This is a big one in my house! I make soy candles so we always have candles burning in every room! With the cooler weather it gets darker earlier so instead of turning on those harsh lights, light some amazing smelling and decorative candles instead! Find some with different textures for a dramatic look.
6. Cozy up the patio. Just because the weather changes does not mean we can’t enjoy our outdoor spaces. Add some cute accessories to the patio table or even some vases with limbs and foilage for a Fall festive look when you are outside enjoying the crisp, clean air or gathered around the fire pit.
7. Swap out Summer bedding for a new look for Fall. Choose richer, darker colors that look inviting and warm. I love to do this with the seasons even though my hubby says I’m crazy 🙂 Sometimes something as easy as changing out a comforter can make all the difference in decorating.
8. Add seasonal warmth to your dining table. With Fall we have so many options for some table top decorations. Pumpkins, squash and gourds are every so why not add them to your table. Add some Fall color and scented pillar candles as well as some out door foliage. The possibilities are endless. Layer a linen curtain panel over a vintage quilt for a one of a kind table cloth.