Now most of you know that I usually only post recipes that are sugar-free, almost sugar-free or light these days but once in a while a recipe comes along that I just have to share. This one looked so yummy , even from a sugar-free diva, that I had to share it. It is now my quest to recreate it in a healthier form. This recipe is from Duncan Hines. Come back and let us know if you try it and tell us how yummy it is!
Angel Strawberry Bavarian Cake
Hands-on Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 6 hours 40 minutes
Servings: 12 slices
- 1 package Duncan Hines® Signature Angel Food Cake Mix
- 1 package (3 oz.) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 container (12 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh strawberries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions. Cool completely. Cut cake into 1-inch cubes to make 10 cups of cubed cake.
- Drain strawberries, reserving juice.
- Combine gelatin with boiling water in a small bowl; stir until dissolved. Combine reserved strawberry juice and additional water to equal 1 cup; add to gelatin mixture. Refrigerate until slightly thickened. Remove and beat until foamy.
- Fold whipped topping, whipped gelatin mixture and sliced strawberries in large bowl.
- Spoon 2 cups strawberry mixture into 10-inch tube pan, evenly top with 3 cups cubed cake. Press down slightly. Continue alternating until pan is filled, ending with strawberry mixture. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with fresh strawberries.
- Baking Tip: Freeze left over unused cake for another dessert.